One of those pieces of kit I now wonder how I managed without before. Fully charged it has enough power to fully recharge my smartphone, satnav plus my head-torch!
Powermonkey Explorer 2
Only 1 left in stock
Only 1 left in stock
Powermonkey Explorer 2 – ULTRA-TOUGH WATERPROOF MOBILE CHARGER
A single day’s trip easily outstrips my smartphone battery capacity (Galaxy Edge), modern smartphones eat power!
Consequently, I (Lyle) carry loads of spare batteries for my essential additional power:
- 1 x Samsung flat lithium
- 6 x AA batteries, in a caddy, for my satnav(GPS) and head-torch
- Waterproof box
This system’s BIG weakness, other than the bulk and the faff, is that whilst all of my equipment is waterproof, as soon as I take the backs of this kit to change the batteries it’s exposed to the wet!
Scott’s been testing loads of alternative power supplies, as always in the most arduous of situations – mountain rescue. So when he said that the winner was head and shoulders above the rest I couldn’t wait to give it a shot. It’s become one of those pieces of kit I now wonder how I managed without before; fully charged it has enough power to fully recharge my smartphone, satnav plus my head-torch!
- Lifetime guarantee!
- Aircraft grade alloy ridged anodised casing: making it phenomenally strong, easy to grip, waterproof and compact
The Powermonkey Explorer 2 Charges…
- Tablets (including iPad)
- UV water purifier
- Digital cameras
- Satellite phones
- 6000mAh lithium-ion battery
- LCD backlit screen shows level; of charge remaining
- Comes with all cables and adapters
- Zipped nylon pouch, which easily attaches to a rucksack strap or your belt, to store everything
- Bespoke waterproof seal ensures the unit is not compromised when charging a device
- Works down to -30°C (lower if stored near body in extreme cold)
A great companion for the POWERMONKEY EXPLORER 2 is the BIKE MOUNT. This fully adjustable strap allows you to securely attach your portable charger to your bicycle, tent poles, canoes and more.
Planning on going off-grid for more than a few days, you definitely should take the CRANKMONKEY