Need to Navigate? Then you Need one of these!
The Pocket 1:25000 or 1:50000 Grid Reference Tool Map Romer Scale
How many times have you received an inaccurate grid reference, or made a mistake plotting one using a compass roamer?
Take the guess work out of grid references – accurately give and plot 6 and 8 figure grid references with confidence, and accurately measure travel distance.
Ideal for GPS users – accurately project and plot waypoints.
Ideal for both Search and Rescue professionals and outdoor enthusiasts.
- Accurately plot and give grid 6 figure grid references on 1:50000 scale maps.
- Accurately plot and give 6 & 8 figure grid references on 1:25000 scale maps.
- Extended grid lines make sure you correctly align the tool on the map so you don’t make a mistake, even in bad weather.
- Rounded corners to prevent snagging and holes in the pocket!
- Romer scales numbered to prevent mistakes.
- 1:50000 & 1:25000 scales colour coordinated to avoid confusion.
- Ruler edges are marked in actual map distance – no fussy calculations required, easy and precise.
- Tough and durable.
- Comes with a hole to enable a lanyard to be attached.
How to use
Here are step by step instructions on how to calculate 6 Figure and 8 Figure Grid References the Shaven Raspberry 1:25000 & 1:50000 Scale Pocket Grid Reference Tool.
Calculate a 6 Figure Grid Reference
Calculate an 8 Figure Grid Reference
In order to plot an 8 figure grid reference the 6 figure square must now be divided into tenths. It would be impractical to print 1/10th grid squares at this scale so the Shaven Raspberry Grid Reference Tool has the unique feature of dividing the square in half. The thin grey lines on the Roamer represent 5/10th divisions making it easy to estimate the last two figures of an 8 figure grid reference!