Scott and I first saw these in action when training members of HM Coastguard in Scarborough, who set up to mark warning areas around an incident and guide in other rescuers. As a result, we started to carry one in our MR Kit, but they were expensive.
We’ve now found one that is a quality item manufactured in Germany to TUV Standards (there’s a lot of cheap rubbish out there) and very affordable to now carry in our personal kit, we even have one in each of our vehicles because, if you break down and your electrics go you have a warning light!
These particular models are so robust you can drive most vehicles over them and not break them!
- 12 hours continuous SOS flashing
- 3 days continuous Single Flash
- Visible from 3km at night
- Use them in the rain
- Strong magnet for securing onto vehicles
- Virtually indestructible withstanding most vehicle weights
- Small & light